Saturday, November 3, 2012

Justin the Artistic Horse

Image via Adonna Combs, Artistic Horses

I just read about Justin the artistic horse in The Week, and I couldn't resist sharing.  I love animals and I love artistic expression, and the two melded together are almost too much for my heart to handle! 

Words from Adonna, Justin's owner:

Paintings by Justin The Artistic Horse, began with my horse Justin’s natural ability to pick up objects and play with them. As a visual artist myself, when I saw him take my riding whip and begin drawing in the arena sand I had the concept of attaching a paint brush to it and let him paint. I began working with him the same way that I train him for riding by using natural horsemanship communication techniques, including positive reinforcement. Once he understood what I was asking he began having fun and looking forward to every painting session. To my surprise we have become an artistic team and he has become quite a painter. 

Now Justin holds art shows in his barn and sells paintings and prints!  You can watch a video of him painting and see the artwork for sale here.

4 comments:

  1. I want Justin to join my Monday painting salon group! :)
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible. The paintings on his site are gorgeous. I wish I could afford an original-- how cool would it be to own a painting done by a HORSE?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh! best thing ever! what a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the coolest thing I have EVER seen. I can't even believe my eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete